Train to Teach
Train to teach at the Pimlico-London SCITT
WHO WE ARE
We are the Pimlico-London SCITT, an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’-rated Initial Teacher Training programme that sets a new standard in school-based teacher training and mentoring. In the most recent Good Teacher Training Guide, we were rated the top teacher training provider in the South, and the third best in the UK.
The Pimlico-London SCITT is a constituent member of Future Academies, an aspirational and high-performing multi-academy trust based across London and Hertfordshire.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
All applicants are required to meet the entry criteria:
- UK honours degree classed at 2:1 or above, or a recognised international equivalent. For secondary programmes, this must be relevant to the subject you are planning to train to teach.
- Excellent GCSE and A Level qualifications (all GCSE and A Level equivalent qualifications should be put on your application).
- The right to work and study in the UK.
If you do not meet these criteria, please contact us as soon as possible to check your eligibility before submitting your application.
We also assess applicants against the following qualities in their preliminary applications and interviews:
- A strong academic record. Candidates should show clear knowledge of, and passion for, their subject, and a keen desire to pass on this passion to our students.
- Strong communication and leadership skills. We do not expect applicants to be polished teachers, but we do expect them to showcase the potential to shine in the classroom!
- The enthusiasm required to work with the children and young people in our schools.
A passionate belief in the power of education to change lives. Our trust’s motto is libertas per cultum (‘freedom through education’), and we expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this notion. All Future Academies teachers aim to equip their pupils with the knowledge necessary to raise their aspirations and their outcomes.
- Once you have identified the most relevant subject for your qualifications, apply through DfE Apply or UCAS Teacher Training for your chosen course.
- As part of the application process you will need to provide a full career history, a complete list of qualifications to date, a personal statement exploring your interest in teacher training and two references.
Join us at our next webinar. Click through this link to sign up, and the link to join the webinar will be emailed out to you.