Train to Teach
Train to teach at the Pimlico-London SCITT
Future Teach Scholarships of £29,000 available for exceptional candidates, and a waiver of the £9,000 course fee
WHO WE ARE
The Pimlico-London SCITT, based in the heart of London, offers an academically rigorous and school-led ITT training programme. It is judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, and ranks third in the country (first in London) in the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017.
We are based at the Ofsted-rated ‘Outstanding’ Pimlico Academy, and all training sessions will be delivered at this main site. However, the SCITT draws together a network of like-minded schools, all within central London or the surrounding area, where your teaching placement will take place.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our one-year professional training programme provides a robust and knowledge-rich approach to achieving QTS and a PGCE.
- The opportunity to get into the classroom and to take responsibility for a small number of your own classes from the outset.
- High-quality mentoring and training.
- Access to outstanding practitioners to help accelerate your progress and to share with you the very best in teaching practice.
- You will also benefit from Future Academies’ pioneering work in developing a knowledge-rich approach to teaching and learning, as well as the new standards we are setting in knowledge-led assessment, measuring pupil progress not with generic levels, but by evaluating what pupils know and can do, as well as their conceptual understanding.
- All trainees will work towards a PGCE with BPP University, one of Europe’s leading specialist providers of professional education.
As a trainee teacher, you may be eligible for a government bursary. In addition to this, we are able to offer exceptional candidates the Future Teach Scholarship, which waives the training fee of £9,000 alongside providing a top-up of your government bursary up to £29,000.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to UCAS, and select the Pimlico-London SCITT to browse the courses available. If you would like to be considered for the Future Teach scholarship, please also send a cover letter and CV to Mark Beyer-Kay (firstname.lastname@example.org).
FIND OUT MORE
For further information, visit the Future Training website.