Specialist Primary Teacher – Geography and Science
Start date: September 2018
Hours: Full Time
Closing date: 13 April 2018 at 10:00am
Pimlico Primary is a small, welcoming free school situated in the heart of beautiful Westminster. As part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of five schools and a teacher training centre (SCITT), Pimlico Primary benefits from the Trust’s innovative subject specific curriculum and commitment to excellence in all areas of school life. Future Academies believes that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes and seeks dynamic Classroom Teachers to join the team as Pimlico Primary grows.
We are looking for a Geography, RE and Science teacher confident in their subjects with the vision, intellect and drive to motivate and enthuse our pupils. You will be expected to teach using a knowledge-led approach across the full ability range at KS2, and to share in our vision of developing excellence in our pupils and forging new directions in education.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Geography, RE and Science (ideally with an A Level, degree or equivalent in one of these subjects)
- An outstanding teacher who is committed to a rigorous, knowledge-led curriculum, and able to deliver it innovatively and excitingly
- Committed to nurturing strong and open relationships with staff, pupils and families to raise aspiration and improve achievement.
- Committed to promoting a knowledge-led curriculum as the means to transform outcomes for pupils.
We can offer you:
- Excellent career advancement continuing professional development opportunities
- A warm, welcoming environment, with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed team.
- Excellent transport links and the opportunity to work in the heart of London.
- Happy, polite and engaged children with great enthusiasm for learning
Please download and complete an application form.
Tour of the school: We welcome interested candidates to visit Pimlico Primary to see first-hand our vision and ethos in action, and answer any questions you may have. Please email: PPrecruitment@pimlicoacademy.org
Pimlico Primary, Lupus Street, London SW1V 3AT
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post