SENDCo with Intervention and EAL
TLR: Dependent on experience
Start date: September 2018
Closing date: 5th March 2018
Interview date: Week commencing 5th March 2018
Pimlico Primary is a small, welcoming free school situated in the heart of beautiful Westminster. As part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of five schools and a teacher training centre (SCITT), Pimlico Primary benefits from the Trust’s innovative subject specific curriculum and commitment to excellence in all areas of school life. Future Academies believes that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes and seeks a dynamic SENDCo to join the team as Pimlico Primary grows.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed individual with drive and intellect to join us to lead on and manage our Special Educational Needs provision, as we aim to develop both excellence in our pupils and forge new directions in education. This post will have a scheduled teaching commitment. As the school grows, the proportion of time spent teaching may reduce. In particular, the post will appeal to a teacher with a passion for leadership: someone who is organised and efficient and who can implement the trust’s vision for inclusion as well as national changes in SEND practice.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an outstanding teacher in their own right and inspires and motivates staff and students alike
- Can demonstrate a passion for working with students with SEND and experience of providing excellent teaching and learning for students of SEND.
- Is committed to nurturing strong and open relationships with staff, pupils and families to raise aspiration and improve attainment.
- Is committed to promoting a knowledge-led curriculum as the means to transform outcomes for pupils.
We can offer you:
- Excellent career advancement continuing professional development opportunities
- A warm, welcoming environment, with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed team.
- Excellent transport links and the opportunity to work in the heart of London.
- Happy, polite and engaged children with great enthusiasm for learning
Tour of the school: We welcome interested candidates to visit Pimlico Primary to see first-hand our vision and ethos in action, and answer any questions you may have. Please email: PPrecruitment@pimlicoacademy.org
Pimlico Primary, Lupus Street, London SW1V 3AT
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post