KS2 English and History Teacher
Start date: September 2018
Closing Date: 13 April 2018
Pimlico Primary is a small, welcoming free school situated in the heart of beautiful Westminster. As part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of five schools and a teacher training centre (SCITT), Pimlico Primary benefits from the Trust’s innovative subject specific curriculum and commitment to excellence in all areas of school life. Future Academies believes that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes and seeks dynamic Classroom Teachers to join the team as Pimlico Primary grows. Pimlico Primary is a Free School, founded in 2013, and as such is constantly expanding: this means that there are a plethora of career development opportunities.
We are looking for an English and History teacher, with the vision, intellect and drive to motivate and enthuse our pupils. In subsequent years, as the school expands, there is the potential to specialise in just one of these subjects. You will be teach using a knowledge-led approach, across the full ability range at KS2. You will share in our vision of developing excellence in our pupils and forging new directions in education. The Trust’s Curriculum Centre will support you with resources and planning.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about English and History
- An outstanding teacher who is committed to a rigorous, knowledge-led curriculum, and able to deliver it innovatively and excitingly
- Committed to nurturing strong and open relationships with staff, pupils and families to raise aspiration and improve achievement
- Committed to promoting a knowledge-led curriculum as the means to transform outcomes for pupils
We can offer you:
- Excellent career advancement continuing professional development opportunities
- A warm, welcoming environment, with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed team
- Excellent transport links and the opportunity to work in the heart of London.
- Happy, polite and engaged children with great enthusiasm for learning
Please download and complete an application form.
Tour of the school: We welcome interested candidates to visit Pimlico Primary to see first-hand our vision and ethos in action, and answer any questions you may have. Please email: PPrecruitment@pimlicoacademy.org
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post
Pimlico Primary, Lupus Street, London SW1V 3AT