Closing Date: Tuesday 21st February, 2017 at 10:00am
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours of work: 42.5 hours a week – term time only. 8:00am – 5:00pm (30 minutes for lunch)
Salary: NJC Range 4 point 18 £21,562 pa (actual salary)
We offer excellent benefits and our location is well served by public transport.
We are looking to appoint an Intervention Teaching Assistant to help ensure that all of our children are fulfilling their academic potential. The ideal candidate will see this as a long-term career move; he or she will want to grow and learn professionally within the school.
The Intervention Teaching Assistant will provided targeted support for individuals and groups of children, both in and out of the classroom, in Mathematics and English. The successful candidate will be expected to have a general knowledge of the curriculum across EYFS –KS2, including a comprehensive understanding of phonics, as well as to know the particular Special Educational Needs of students with whom they work. Duties will also include some after school supervision and encouraging positive behaviour amongst children during playtime and after-school clubs.
Pimlico Primary is known and respected for its calm and efficient school operations. Future Academies’ schools ensure the highest standards and expectations of calm and orderly behaviour around the school, and the efficiency of its administrative operations across the whole school. Our Teaching Assistants play an essential and important role, and assist the pupils and parents and staff at the school.
Do you have?
- Experience of raising attainment in Maths and English.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and communicate effectively with all members of the school community.
- A proactive, caring and enthusiastic attitude.
We can offer you:
- Regular access to in-school training opportunities, to develop your understanding of a wide range of Special Educational Needs as well as to further your wider professional development.
- A positive, friendly and welcoming environment.
- Access to our Teacher Training School – an ‘outstanding’ stepping stone for a career in teaching.
How to apply:
Pimlico Primary, Lupus Street, London, SW1V 3AT
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.