Ethos, Values & Qualities
Knowledge is at the heart of everything we do at Pimlico Primary, and we have the very highest expectations of our students and what they can achieve.
Our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education). We strive to instil in our students:
- Freedom to choose, to be knowledgeable enough to make good choices in life.
- Freedom to think well – we think with words, therefore depth and breadth of knowledge are vital tools in life.
- Freedom from ignorance and prejudice through knowledge and conceptual understanding of the world.
- Freedom to lead a purposeful and fulfilling life.
We believe in the joy of knowledge, and in fostering in our students an insatiable curiosity in life. We teach our students the best that has been thought and said, giving them access to high-quality, classic texts, and lessons from subject experts. We strive to give our students a rigorously academic education that puts them on a level playing field with their independently-educated peers. We believe in pitching lessons high so that our most able students are never bored, whilst supporting our less able students to make steady progress.
It is important that children feel they are known, safe, valued and respected.
Our class teachers take the lead in pastoral care, getting to know parents and carers swiftly through the many formal and informal opportunities that are provided. All teaching and support staff are involved too, reporting children's successes to the class teacher, so that achievements can be celebrated and shared.
Every week children meet both as a Year group and as a whole school for assembly. Here we share news and celebrate successes. Pupils are encouraged to see themselves in the context of the wider school community.
We foster an environment in which pupils can flourish in their studies and in their relationships, free from fear and intimidation. We expect every member of the school to uphold our three school rules:
- We come to school to learn - we learn new words every day and speak in sentences;
- We keep each other safe - we take care of each other, and our planet;
- We respect each other - we listen to the person speaking and use our best manners.